Saturday, April 2, 2016

That Says It All

Hi Folks,

I decided to start a new blog, one that I have intentions of keeping up to date! The reason being is that although I still strive for freedom, I also have so much more to say that I feel the Steps to Freedom title just doesn't cover.

This blog is for sharing things I'm learning as I walk my path in life and in my life my passions are my faith, my freedom, my mini farm (wishing it could be big but I am thankful for what I have) and of course my family! I want to inspire you and move you and help you grow as I learn and grow myself. I hope to inspire you to greater heights of faith and make you question what freedom is to you and I hope you go after whatever that is. Also, if you're journeying to learn farming and homesteading like I am then I hope to share what I know and learn from you all and your comments as well.

I'm in Upstate NY and I live on a acre in a farming area. My property was once part of a large farm that had tenant houses on it so my back yard beyond my acre is horse pastures! Lately the pastures are mostly used for cows. I love looking at the animals from my back porch and dreaming of my garden improvements and what else I can do on my little slice of heaven. I have chickens and meat rabbits. I did have goats but that was back when I had a full time job, was trying to start my business so I could have more time on my 'farm' AND I made the mistake of getting goats that were not really dairy goats and they just didn't produce enough milk to make it worth my while. I am still wanting a couple dairy goats someday or a small Jersey cow or one of each...maybe. I just haven't decided and I want to refine my rabbitry before I move onto something else. I also think a heritage pig is in order and a couple turkeys. That's all in the dreaming stages for now though!

If you look on over at my old blog Steps to Freedom, you'll see what freedom means for me, that hasn't changed and I've definitely made more steps towards those goals and I'll talk more about that as the weeks go on here in my new blog. I plan to write once a week for now as I'm still pretty busy and don't see me sitting down more than that at the moment.

Now, faith...I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins and that on the third day he rose from the dead, appeared to many and told His followers He would be back again for them and for you and me too. Why do I believe this? It's in the Bible and the Bible is the Word of God. Yes, I know it was written over centuries by many different men and how can it be? There are many reasons for this and it's authenticity but just one of those is this...seeing as how it WAS written over centuries and it WAS written by many different men (who by the way were directed by the Holy Spirit) and it has a commonality to ALL of it in spite of that, that's reason enough really...but there is so much more to it and as I talk to you in the coming weeks and possibly years I'll talk more about it. I am a woman of God and I'm not ashamed to say it so yes, some of my blogs posts will be about my faith.

So, in closing for this week I'd like to invite you to subscribe to the blog, follow me and please ask questions and place comments BUT please do so in a respectful manner because I will also treat you with respect and courtesy. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great week.

God Bless....


No comments:

Post a Comment